Making of a humble pie


I tried to make a humble pie.

For which few ingredients were important to buy.

Holding my bag I went on singing a melody,

I crossed a store which had a discount on everything you buy.

I inquired with Mr. Shopkeeper about the ingredients I desire.

He said, "It's a huge box with maximum discounts but these will cost you plenty".

But as it's a human tendency,

Things we get for free are more special than a hard-earned spent penny.

I brought that box along with me happily.

As I started making my pie.

To a bowl, I added some flour of solace,

But it was a brand of agony.

To give a good rise I added some yeast of compassion,

But its maker was animosity.

To maintain its consistency,

I added more sugar of joy,

But it turned out to be a product of melancholy.

To give a good finishing glaze,

I topped it with sprinkles of equanimity,

But its producer was unconformity.

The outcome of, my not so humble pie,

Made me realize,

That discount comes at a very high price.





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem. You always write with a pen full of emotions which come out from your heart..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pages of Reflection

The most used dustbin